Monday, April 11, 2011

in 3 weeks

i have about 3 weeks till we meet with our RE and discuss what's going on and what's the next step. so that means i have 3 weeks to try to get brave again and ask alot of questions and assert myself in such a way that i feel like i am getting answers i need, not answers they want to give me. that made some sense. arghhhhhhh! ever since we began ttc it's like all i think about in my spare time is ttc. it's annoying. i used to think about my life, vacations, holidays, etc etc. now i am consumed. it's not like i am mad, but it would be nice to take a brain vacation and not wake up every morning wondering about my hormones.

anyway .... questions to ask the RE. so i think i may write them here, think them out. after 3 follisitm cycles, one of which resulted in an overstim and the other two in negatives this is what i want to learn:
-why is my progesterone so low after ovulation? i'm talking really low.
-is follisitm making quality eggs? am i making enough eggs or do i have more empty follicles than filled ones during stim?
-are my eggs any good? is there any way to check?
-would an alternate injection type like gonal-f help? do i need an inject with both fsh and lh like menapur?
-how about my lack of cycles, is there a strong possibility i have endometriosis and that is a problem?
-how about my pituitary, can that be targeted? maybe that is what should be looked at more closely.
-if you are going to have me try follisitm again, maybe i triggered too early? maybe i need to wait an extra day till the lead follicle is at least 19/20 not 17/18?
-maybe the trigger dosage was too low?

that's what i have so far. there are the biggest things, and maybe with that i will have answers.

i'm hoping something up there will lead to an answer!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i was in whole foods yesterday, buying more organic and less processed foods. i figure it can't hurt and can always help. i bought an amethyst bead bracelet with a little wing charm on it. it reminded me of a little bird wing - a token of hope, faith and patience. i feel good wearing it, it's silly i know, but that's ok :)

3 comments:

  1. Have they put you on progesterone after trigger before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to wait till i get my P4 results, but yes i was on progesterone both times. unfortunately still BFNs. i think maybe it's the actual follicle/egg that is the issue ... hopefully i'll get it figured out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie: I am really wondering about some of these same things. Like am I creating more empty follies than mature ones.

    I hope and pray that you get some good answers and can move forward toward your BFP once you get on track with your RE! (((HUGS))) and so much GL to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete