Wednesday, May 11, 2011

back on track

back on the ttc track. i had my appointment with my RE last week and it really didn't clarify as much as i wished. the best that i can do right now is try to monitor my diet, take my meds, and hope it helps with my hormone levels enough so that my follicles are producing viable eggs. i really thing that's the issue .... my eggs. i think my whacked out hormones make the follicles produce less than optimal eggs, and then nothing can happen. so no conception with iui. so here i am, week 2 of low carb, no sweets/refined sugars, reduced gluten, and am definitely going through a psychological withdrawl. dreaming of challah bread, waffles, etc. i hope it gets better. the dream of a little baby in my arm outweighs my desire for such things! still, it would be nice to have a piece of cake ;)

started my follistim on monday and started acupuncture for fertility last saturday. so far so good. i love the acupuncture. it is relaxing and i feel like i am finally doing something for my well-being and health. it's nice. i am doing 2x a week while on injections and then i am sure an extra session when we get to do the iui.

i am really struggling right now with the decision to go to ivf right after this cycle if it doesn't work, or to try another iui cycle. and it's the money. sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I hear you on wanting that cake :P lol
    Good luck this cycle!! Hopefully you'll get your BFP and won't even have to worry about IVF :)

    ReplyDelete